Thursday, May 27, 2010

Kissed Goodbye

I just finished Deborah Crombie's Kissed a Sad Goodbye. An excellent mystery that kept me guessing right to the end. It has enough twists and turns to make one pick a culprit, then discard him/her, pick another, and then keep picking and discarding all through. And I still didn't get it right in the end. This one is every bit as well-written as her Dreaming of the Bones and just as lyrical, albeit with a different rhythm.

My main quibble is that quite a bit is made in the blurbs about Kincaid's relationship with his newly-discovered son....but not a lot of head-way is made. Kincaid's interaction with Kit is really interesting and I'd like to see a lot more of it. Maybe in the next one....

Now, I have the pleasant dilemma of deciding what the next literary journey shall be.


No comments: